September 22, 2010

Guess Who

Guess who started the laundry (2 sets of sheets) and then realized that there were not enough quarters to finish the job?

I'll give you a hint, it's the same girl who actually considered buying $20 worth of candy bars, 'cause that's what it takes to get cash back on a debit card at the corner store.

Instead, she hauled her wet laundry up 5 flights of stairs and turned her living room into the world's largest drying rack - effectively raising the humidity level by 10% but also filling the room with a pleasant mountain meadow scent.
If you guessed Whitney Hardie, you win!!

Give yourself a bonus point if you happen to know that Whitney is slightly obsessive and mildly disturbed at the thought of sleeping on wrinkly sheets that air-dried as the aroma of a neighbor's fried chicken wafted in the window.


What's that you say?

You'd like to see tons of photos of Ellie girl playing in the damp sheets? 

Well......alright, but you owe me.

5 comments:

  1. That little shirt on Ellie is the cutest thing EVER!!! I like how your living room looks like a beautiful Italian street with all the hanging laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney, I absolutely love your blog and your adorable pictures of Ellie. I'm glad to hear that you guys are settling into east coast life:) I miss the east coast--it's the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you write like people are talking to you. When I read sentences like, "what's that you say"- I reread it to actually get in the mindset of talking to you. It's kind of like how I write in my journal where I act like my journal is a living thing.
    Anyways, loved talking to you today AND love the post. Your daughter is so cute!!! I'm mostly excited to see you over Christmas so that Ellie and Mitch can rekindle their connection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gotta say: I love you! Posts like this make me all nostalgic for our roomie days. You are so fun!
    But good grief, if you keep posting such awesome pics of that unbelievably cute little girl I am going to go absolutely crazy! They make me want to hug a baby, but Junior just kicks when I try.
    Every photographer should be blessed with such a model.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I have SO done this too!! I wish our building had those prepaid card laundry machines because I'm always scrounging for quarters and never have enough.

    Glad you turned it into something fun for Ellie! This brought me back to those days of making forts with blankets, the sofa and chairs. Love it.

    ReplyDelete