June 7, 2011

Humbled again by thoughts that aren't my own...


The great thing, if one can, is to stop regarding all the unpleasant things as interruptions of one's 'own' or 'real' life.  The truth is of course that what one calls the interruptions are precisely one's real life - the life God is sending one day by day.
- C.S. Lewis

Do you love how he says "of course" as if to suggest all of us who didn't realize this earlier are just plain silly?  Oh.  Of course.  I knew this was the truth all along.

Now if only I could paraphrase it enough to have it tattooed on my right forearm.  Suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Carpe diem. (This one should be an interactive tattoo--not yet invented, I think--that plays that song from Newsies.)

    Opposition in all things.

    Life's like a box of chocolates...

    May the Force be with you!

    Buck up!

    Sweet and Sour.

    Good luck with that...

    ReplyDelete