December 17, 2010

Eleanor turns 1

I will remember this moment for the rest of my life.  The moment you were ours, the moment I became your mother.  We were in awe of you then - and we still are today.

Dear Eleanor,

How did the time go so quickly?  OK, well, to be honest it was torturously slow in the beginning, but the last few months have really flown.  Remember the very beginning?  You were so new.  I was painfully unsure of myself.

Something shifted inside me when you were born and it took months for the dust to settle and for us to feel at home in our new skins.  Now I just can't imagine life without you.  Your dad and I love you to the moon and back again.  Our old selves would make fun of us now - the way we gush over you.  You make us laugh every day and we are constantly amazed at the things you learn.

You walk, you feed yourself, you have 6 teeth, you laugh and squeal and do sneaky things when you think I'm not looking.  You climb,  you stroke my hair, you "read" your books and love your teddy bears.  You smile at strangers and your eyes sparkle when your eyebrows raise in the purest display of playfulness.  You are so much personality in a still little body.  But I remember when you were just this small.
Images above by Kelli Nicole

You will continue to grow at a rate that astounds and I will always be here.  I love you for a million reasons, my girl.  And on your first birthday I just wanted to let you know.  Happy Birthday, pumpkin.

All my love to you.


6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ellie! Such cute pictures. I love seeing those ones I took of you!! That was so long ago :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED THIS!!!! I miss you guys so much!!! I think I am going to have to move in. Happy Birthday Eleanor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! She is so sweet and beautiful! I can only imagine the personality if she's anything like you! Love the Ellie display on the wall and the poofy things hanging. A little creepy at first glance...And, if I might add, where are the pictures of your awesome Christmas tree?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo cute! I love the party colors! She is looking bigger and I love her bright happy eyes. It's weird to think that I'll be doing a post like this in a year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! Happy Birthday Ellie! She looks cuter every time you post pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow seriously? One already?? Amazing! We'll have to get together again soon! We miss you guys! It looks like Joe put on a fun party for her :)

    ReplyDelete