May 10, 2012

The Beat Goes On

My heart is often heavy and my feelings very raw.  Memories of my mom surface at rather inopportune moments.  But there are days in a row when things feel very normal.  Yes, life goes on.  There has been a lot of life happening around here in the last month.
Ellie got her first haircut.
Wren discovered her feet and is still super cute.
There were good evening kisses.
And good times in the dirt.
 Climbing trees with her best friend.
Spending time with my rock of a husband.
We've had some really great dates.
Wandering in Central Park.
Eating Dinosaur BBQ.
Listening to the Philharmonic at Lincoln Center.
Finding beauty in surprising places.
So many times I have thought to myself,
It is good to be alive.
So very very good.

3 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at that second picture of Ellie. She is looking very worriedly behind her at those scissors. Awesome.
    I love that you are enjoying good times with your sweet and great family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second pic of Ellie is hilarious! She looks completely unsure about those scissors.. ha! :)

    You have a beautiful family!

    love you Whit <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you guys! These pictures made me smile. I esp. love the one of Ellie looking behind her at the haircutter. xo

    ReplyDelete